Monday, December 7, 2009

Maddox's First Doctor's Appointment


Today we had Maddox's two week check-up (weird they scheduled it now since he is only a week old, but oh well). He now weighs 8 lbs 11 oz and is 21 inches long. The doctor said that everything looked great and that he seemed to be growing well. Afterwards we had to head to the lab so he could have some blood taken for a state mandated screening test. Trey nominated me to go back with the baby, which was the worst thing I have had to do so far. Poor baby was screaming so bad he could be heard all the way in the waiting room, which of course was where Trey was relaxing. I on the other hand was sweating to death trying to find a way to make poor Maddox calm down while the lab tech poked him and squeezed the crap out of his heel. I am glad to say we made it through and are now home trying to unwind from that stressful 10 minutes. Trey will for sure be taking his turn next when any shots or blood work is needed :)

3 comments:

  1. I love that picture! Wait until shots come up - I always have such a hard time with all that stuff that causes them pain - poor babies!! In the end, it's what's best for them though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS...I just read your comment about Maddox making fun of Cinderella Logen. I have plans to turn Maddox in to Snow White one of these days when he comes to visit.....just fyi =)

    ReplyDelete