Saturday, October 30, 2010

Family Vacation Part 2 - Yellowstone!!

For the second part of our vacation Trey, Kaelen, Maddox and I headed south to the town of West Yellowstone. We only had two days in the park so we tried to hit all the major attractions. The weather was awesome and we had a ton of fun exploring during the day and then swimming at the hotel at night. I haven't been to Yellowstone since I was a little explorer so it was really fun to experience everything again with the fam. Old Faithful was still exploding, the mud volcanoes were still stinking, and there were a ton of animals to cause traffic jams along the way. Especially animals like this huge guy.........

and this guy that passed RIGHT by our car window.........

He was so close to the car we could hear his breathing, and despite the cries of Kaelen and I, Trey didn't feel it was necessary to roll up the car window.
Unfortunately, (or fortunate for us I guess) Maddox slept while we drove through most of the park. I can't wait to bring him back when he gets a little older. I have visions of him in his young park ranger vest holding maps and pointing out his favorite animals. While I couldn't convince Kaelen to wear a young explorer outfit, it was really fun to see her experience the park for the first time.

Yellowstone Falls




Maddox and Dad taking in the falls


Exploring one of the many geyser basins






Old Faithful (I think she was more excited to get back to the gift shop and pick out her souvenirs)


The town of West Yellowstone




Yep, they are dorks



The world's largest Teddy Bear, or at least that is what the sign claimed

A Grizzly at the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center



















No comments:

Post a Comment